I attended an event that celebrated the 99th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment, hosted by team19. Many familiar local leaders spoke, including Madison City Alder, Arvina Martin, Wisconsin Women's Network board members, Bianca Shaw and Karen Meulendyke.
We toured Madison South Health Center of Planned Parenthood this week, where we learned about education programs, testing, and vital health services offered to men and women throughout the state of Wisconsin.
You can watch the full June 21 board meeting at City Channel, agenda to be found in legistar. As always, please feel free to contact me to let me know how you feel about items on the agenda or follow-up with questions.
Supervisor Stubbs introduced a resolution to honor the work of Michael Johnson, president and CEO of the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County.
The County Executive recommended the Chapter 15 appointments, which will require approval from the County Board. I am slotted to serve the Land Information Council, where I look forward to active conversations about access to data, and learning more from the talented staff.
As a family we closed out the school year, and welcomed a first and seventh grader into the house. I was able to join on a field trip to the Henry Vilas Zoo, Wisconsin Aviation, and Cherokee Marsh where members of Madison Audubon Society led activities for the kids. We enjoyed soccer and the first Monona Swim and Dive meet at Seminole Pool. And, we spent many hours listening to my daughter prepare for a WYSO audition.
- Dane County Announces Director of Airport Will Be Retiring, June 8
- United Airlines Begins New Service to San Francisco, June 7
- Dane County Furthers Efforts to Decrease Jail Population, June 7
- Dane County Board Targets Elder Abuse, June 7
- Public Health Works to Keep Swimming Water Safe, June 7
- Dane County Executive Parisi Kicks Off Lakes Clean Up Work, June 5
In other news...
- Dane County Board approves jail project contracts despite concerns over lack of vetting, The Cap Times, June 8
- Advisory referendum to conduct opinion poll on legalizing marijuana is introduced in Dane County, Channel3000, June 8
- Hundreds of turtle eggs in the care of Dane County Humane Society, Channel3000, June 8
- Dane County Announces Initiative to Reduce Recidivism, Decrease Jail Populations, Madison365, June 7
- Dane County Board honors Boys & Girls Club head Michael Johnson, WKOW, June 7
- Photos: Sandhill crane mural dedication at Glendale Elementary, The Cap Times, June 7
- Shopko argues for lower property assessment, The Herald-Independent, June 7
- Clean water taught through mural, The Herald-Independent, June 6
- MASC accepting youth grant applications, Sun Prairie Star, June 6
- UW-Madison police becomes first department in Dane County to go through new de-escalation training, Channel3000, June 5
- DCHS launches program to help underserved communities, WKOW, June 5
- New club at East High School tackles mental illness issues, Wisconsin State Journal, June 4
- Dane County Parks connects communities, Channel3000, June 3
- Cows on the Concourse teaches locals about the dairy industry, Channel3000, June 3
What's coming this week?