This week I attended Bean Feed, the fundraiser to support the South Central Federation of Labor, the umbrella organization that organizes and supports local unions, and working people of Wisconsin.
Continuing with supporting working people across the county, I attended the The Building & Construction Trades Council Workshop, whee we heard from many long-time supporters of training, fair pay, and benefits.
- Update on lead poisoning from the Public Health Department
- Public Health has released a new video: 'Overdose Prevention - We Can All Save a Life'
- Dane County Announces Construction of CTH PQ Will Start Today, May 22
- WHEDA has recently modified the 2017/2018 QAP to allow for the administration of the new Wisconsin Housing Tax Credit (HTC)
In other news...
- Olson Elementary School 10 Year Anniversary Mural Dedication June 11
- Just Ask Us: What is done in Dane County to keep away mosquitoes?, Wisconsin State Journal, May 28
- Garden Calendar: For the week of May 27, Wisconsin State Journal
- Dane Co. Sheriff's Department urges common sense for boaters, Channel3000, May 27
- Opiate addition treatment program to expand to all Dane County emergency rooms, officials say, Wisconsin State Journal, May 25
- State Appeals Court Sends Enbridge Pipeline Expansion Back to Dane County, Wisconsin Public Radio, May 25
- Dane County hoping bees, butterflies take advantage of new prairie lands and landfills, Wisconsin State Journal, May 25
- New study reveals 'striking' role of race in kids' suicide risk, Channel3000, May 24
- Pedestrian, bike committee needs residents' feedback, The Herald-Independent, May 24
- MO Magicians prepares to host All-City Swim Meet, The Herald-Independent, May 24
- Dane County Humane Society guinea pigs looking for homes, Currently there are 11 guinea pigs available, Channel3000, May 24
- United Way of Dane County awards $18.7 million to community causes, Wisconsin State Journal, May 24
- Report: Wisconsin local governments turn to wheel taxes as state road funding stagnates, Wisconsin State Journal, May 23
- Cap Times' Evjue Foundation awards $1.6 million to UW, area nonprofit agencies, Cap Times, May 23
- Madison licensing more short-term rental units, Cap Times, May 22
- Dane County Dairy Promo Scholarships Winners Named, Wisconsin Ag Connection, May 22
- "DreamUp Wisconsin" Initiative Looks to Bolster Middle Class, Madison365, May 21
- Lack of houses on the market in Wisconsin pushes up prices, slows down sales, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 21
- Epic Wins In Supreme Court Decision Seen As Blow to Worker Rights, Case Involves How Employees Can Resolve Workplace Disputes, Wisconsin Public Radio, May 21
- Dane County Dairy Promotion gives 10 scholarships, Wisconsin State Farmer, May 21
- Bovine backup brings traffic delays, NBC 15, May 21
- View from around the state: A double dose of good news for clean lakes, Daily Reporter, May 21
- Wisconsin invents a new way to protect victims of domestic violence, WSAW, May 20
What's coming this week?
- Kassel-Dane Sister County Partnership Hosts Event, "Overcoming Workforce Challenges in Manufacturing" May 30 5-7pm
- Moxie Conference
- One of the cutest celebrations -- Los Niños Primeros the preschool program at Bridge LakePoint Waunona will graduate on Thursday.
- MG21 Students will also celebrate their graduation on Thursday evening at the Monona Community Center.
- Discussion on gun violence set for May 31, Herald-Independent, May 21